The draft ISEAL Code of Good Practice revises and integrates the ISEAL Impacts, Standard-Setting, and Assurance Codes of Good Practice, and also incorporates essential practices from the ISEAL Sustainability Claims Good Practice Guide.
The consultation on the first draft of the ISEAL Code of Good Practice ran from 22 September to 16 December, with responses submitted up to 16 January considered. Thank you to everyone who has already helped shape more effective solutions to sustainability challenges by sharing your views.
About the draft Code
An introduction to the structure and content of the Code can be found in this overview document (also available in Chinese, Portuguese and Spanish), and the Code consultation launch webinar recording.
You can read the Code requirements by chapter (also available in Chinese), or you can see an overview of how these requirements align to the ISEAL Credibility Principles. Or you can read the full details of the draft Code, including the change log, in the excel version.
We held a consultation series of workshops and webinars to provide an overview of topics covered in the draft Code. Watch the recordings to learn more about the following topics:
- an overview of the draft Code and key changes: see Consultation launch
- claims management within the draft Code: see Clear, accurate and relevant claims
- the importance of defining goals, and approach to monitoring, evaluation and learning: see Impact-driven sustainability systems
- the role of sustainability systems in supporting corporate sustainability goals, focusing on an Indian context: see Shaping sustainability systems to achieve sustainability goals
- the Code as a framework to support schemes in defining and strengthening due diligence efforts: see Corporate due diligence and sustainability systems
- how the Code aligns with the direction of policy developments: see Policymakers’ perspectives on the ISEAL Code of Good Practice
- the application of the Code to the different types of sustainability system: see Innovation and credibility across a range of sustainability systems
- an introduction to ISEAL and the draft Code, delivered in Portuguese: see Código de Boas Práticas da ISEAL
Revision and integration process
The revision and integration process is being overseen by a Steering Group, made up of a diverse group of stakeholders, who are providing guidance and support to this significant change process.
The first round of consultation ran from 22 September to 16 December, with responses considered up to 16 January. All comments received through the course of the consultation will be anonymised and made publicly available. We will also publish a summary of the feedback received and how this was addressed when we release the second consultation draft.
The the next draft Code will be released for public consultation in mid-2023, before final amendments and approvals later in the year.
For more information, read the revision and integration plan, and the transition process to evaluation against the revised Code.
If you have any feedback or questions, please contact Caitlin Peeling, Senior Manager for Membership and Credibility.